To see all of our student photos from this last month, CLICK HERE.
Did your student achieve something great this month? Share it with us to be featured in our student achievement blog!
Our students enjoyed a nice week off with their families to celebrate Easter break. Several classes did activities to embrace the holiday before leaving.
To celebrate Earth Day, our 4th graders worked together to clean up the Saint Gregory’s campus.
SGS eighth graders organized a school-wide book drive and collected more than 1200 books that were donated to the RED Bookshelf, which provides new and gently-used books to children throughout Albany.
Due to the generous donations sent in during the month of March for our Saint Gregory’s Reads, we presented a check for over $4,000 to the South End Children‘s Café in Albany! We are truly grateful for our community.
First Holy Communion
Father Doyle presided over a beautiful and graceful Mass celebrating our students receiving the Sacrament of the First Holy Communion. We are so proud of them all!
National Latin Exam
Last month, our seventh and eighth graders participated in the National Latin Exam. The test ranges in topics from the introduction of Latin to advanced courses in poetry, literature, and mythology.
Seventh graders Giulia Rodrigues-Ferri and Ciara Smith earned the Silver Maxima Cum Laude Award. Emily Hession earned the Magna Cum Laude Award. Joelle Hannoush, Simi Aviza-Hanrahan, Lauryn Cummings, and Jocelyn Valois earned the Cum Laude Award.
In the eighth grade, Eva Berglund earned the Silver Maxima Cum Laude Award.
Congratulations to all our students for completing this exam. We are consistently impressed with your accomplishments.
Thank you, Mr. Shepard, for your opus magnum.
Now accepting a limited number of students!
As we plan for the 2021-2022 school year, please let us know if you know of a family who might be interested in learning more about Saint Gregory’s School. We are currently giving private tours to prospective families.
Meet Mr. Martell!
- April 29 – Grade 7 Secondary School information night*
- May 3 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5 – Pre-K3 field trip to Indian Ladder Farms
- May 10-13 – ERB Testing
- May 13 – Ascension Mass/The Crowning of Mary*
- May 14 – Grade 4 field trip to Cooperstown
- May 14 – Grade 2 field trip Five Rivers Environmental Center
- May 18 – Grade 5 performing Aesop’s Fables at 1pm*
- May 19 – Grade 7 & 8 field trip to Albany Rural Cemetery
- May 21 – Grade 8 field trip to Upper Saranac Lake
- May 26 – Upper School Field Day
- May 27 – Spirit Night hosted by SGSPA, 5:30-7:30pm, in person at SGS
- May 31 – Memorial Day – NO SCHOOL
Save The Date
THE GALA HONORING:
Michael and Aimee Uccellini and Family
Saturday, September 18th at 6pm June Farms.
If you would like to sponsor the Gala, please contact Grace Clark, 518-331-7998.